Name of guest:
Donnie says that he approaches his work as a doctor would.
- A doctor checks you out first and ask questions. Then, he goes in his bag of tools to help you fix it and tell you what to do about it.
- There is no one size fits all.
- You have to start with a diagnostic perspective.
Your copy is not supposed to be about you.
Donnie says that copywriting is “his calling”. He grew up loving to read. And he enjoys writing. When he writes, he feels the spark.
He does not necessarily advise to all entrepreneurs to hire a copywriter. Some people are quite good at writing their copy.
His advice is to concentrate on what you are really good at.
Here are some key elements to writing good copy:
1.Your copy is not about you, even on your “about me” page. I go to it to know what’s in it for me!
2.You have to be very clear about what you are saying. Communicate a benefit to the audience.
3.The message should be as short as you can make it, but if you target the right audience, they won’t care reading longer, because that is what they want to consume!
If you hire a good copywriter:
- Search around for somebody who has demonstrated his or her ability to write.
- Be aware of his/her reputation.
- Look at his/her website, and see if his/her writing resonates with you.
- Talk to him/her on the phone and ask him/her some samples of other copy in the same niche as yours.
Donnie’s definition of success:
Having every day progressing towards a worthy goal.
Ways to contact Donnie